Monday, February 19, 2007

Snippety snip

My dear poochie Kodos is now 8 months old, and has entered adolescence. Thus, he has become a butt-head. Lucky for him, he is an incredibly cute--nay, beautiful butt-head Just look:

Could you stay mad at him for making a 6" diameter gouge in the drywall? (picture here--he enlarged it the next day.) I didn't think so.

I have a 3-pronged plan to combat this obnoxiousness
  1. Try and get to the dog park more often, so as to exercise the demons (hah!) out of him.
  2. Starting March 12 (yikes--that's my wedding anniversary!) we re-do basic obedience over at Noelle Ritter's. This time, no kids--just me. Fewer distractions.
  3. On March 9th, K goes in for neutering.
It is arguably early for the neutering (a lot of the advice I've seen is to wait until a year, in order to give them a chance to get their last hormone-induced growth in) but I'm willing to risk it to keep him from developing pushy and/or destructive habits. I have a hard time imagining him morphing into anything short of his current breathtakingly beautiful state. Not that I'm biased or anything... ;-)

1 comment:

Nessa Happens said...

He IS gorgeous! I think you should add him to Dogs with Blogs...Nanook is the only Newf on there, (although I added him as a Landseer Newf...)

http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/